Spaghetti & meatballs! Who doesn’t love a good classic pasta? This recipe incorporates spaghetti squash and Beyond Meat so you can enjoy this anytime!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, green shoots removed, minced
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 pound spaghetti squash
Freshly grated Violife Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or heavy casserole over medium heat.
- Add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes, and add the garlic and peppers.
- Add a generous pinch of salt, and cook, stirring often, until the peppers have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add your favorite vegan tomato sauce. (Mine is tomato basil) and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring from time to time. simmer about 10 minutes.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes (or longer), stirring occasionally until the mixture is thick and fragrant.
- Bake halved spaghetti squash at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until a fork pierces the outer skin easily.
- Start your Beyond Meat Balls, they cook fast. Use a nonstick pan on medium heat turning to cook on all sides.
- Serve with Violife Parmesan.