Tofu! A staple in any plant-based kitchen, tofu sometimes gets a bad rap. It can be tricky to come up with delicious tofu recipes so here’s a recipe to get you started.
12 oz pack of firm or extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tbsp Cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp Coconut oil
Sliced green onions for garnish
Sesame seeds for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, add salt and pepper to the cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
2. Preheat large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add the coconut oil.
3. Add the cubed tofu to the cornstarch mixture to coat.
4. Add the cornstarch coated tofu to the hot oil in a single layer. Cook until browned. About 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve hot. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
I love to eat mine with white rice and kimchi with a drizzle of sriracha. YUM! 😋