Love it or hate it, Valentine’s day is a great day to eat chocolate and that’s what we’re going to be doing with these cute little heart-shaped snickers bar!
• 2 packed cup pitted Medjool Dates
• 4 tbsp Peanut Butter
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 2 1/2 cup Oat Flour
• 1/2 cup Date Caramel, above
• 1/2 cup Dry Roasted Salted Peanuts
• 10 to 20 oz Vegan Chocolate (one whole bag of Enjoy Life Foods) Also option for sugar free/monk fruit sweetened chocolate
• Place the Dates in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Soak the Dates for 10 minutes. (Make sure pits are removed.)
• Drain any excess liquid off of the Medjool Dates (they should be relatively moist, but not dripping) and add them to a food processor or high speed blender with the remaining ingredients for the Caramel. Process until thick and smooth, scraping the sides of the device if necessary.
• Remove the Date “Caramel” from the food processor. Add the Oat Flour to the food processor (no need to rinse) with ¼ cup of the Date Caramel and process until well incorporated. This should form a slightly sticky “dough” that will hold together when you pinch it.
• Firmly and evenly press the Oat Flour Nougat into the heart shaped silicone ice tray using a spoon. Have a cup of hot water to the side for the spoon. This will help it not stick.
• Use a teaspoon or small spatula to spread the remaining Date Caramel evenly over the Nougat, then sprinkle the Peanut Pieces over the Caramel. Use your fingers to press the Peanuts into the Caramel layer, so they stick.
• Melt 1 bag of Chocolate using a glass measuring cup over boiling water. If you don’t have glass you can use a pan on low heat, stir constantly to prevent burning. Stir the mixture with a spatula until completely melted.
• Poor chocolate on top of your heart shaped caramel peanut layer. Make sure it’s smooth and even with all the rest.
• Place this in the freezer for 60-90 minutes, until firm.
• Remove the frozen “filling” from the heart shaped ice trays. Return these to the freezer while you melt the rest of your chocolate for topping.
• Once the first coating of bars have cooled. Melt the other half of the chocolate. Flip the bars over. Dip or drizzle melted chocolate over the bottom half of the bars until fully covered. Have fun and get creative.
• Place the bars in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, to allow the Chocolate to harden.
• Serve and enjoy! Valentine Bars are best stored in the freezer where they will last for up to one month – just let the bars thaw for 5 or so minutes before enjoying.